Are you starting a new WordPress site? If you have decided to set it up as a news portal, look no further! You should go with one of the magazine WordPress themes we will list in this article.
Over the decades, several news agencies and bloggers have been using the best magazine themes for their WordPress sites because of their outlook, features, color schemas, and demo options available to choose the best one for you.
Isn’t it essential to choose the path that has worked out for everyone? Look at top magazine WordPress themes to build your business site attractively!
Hand-Picked List Of Best WordPress Magazine Themes To Buy
Extra is a promising theme in terms of its visual page builders and flexible options to support a wide range of sites. The brand offers a 30-day risk-free trial option to explore its numerous features that are responsive and regularly updated. The most important aspect of this magazine theme is the possibility to customize its look and feel, so your site doesn’t look like anyone else’s.
Whether you are planning a business, health, technology, or beauty site, you can start the operations with the one-click demo import option. You can use the same theme even if you plan to extend the news portal to sell merchandise. Extra is compatible and ranks as one of the best magazine themes for WordPress.
- Get complete control over the design for your entire website through Divi Builder.
- Offers a new set of Divi Builder modules built for bloggers and online publications
- Fully responsive to make your web asset look great on any device and screen size.
- Has a Home-brewed review system to invite users for article rating
- Made to work with WooCommerce; finish with custom styles
- Give 800+ pre-made Layouts
- Website header customization is easy
- Contains a set of custom Mega Menus
- Provides 24/7 dedicated support
- Divi Discount Code is available to cut down your expenses.
Note – This excellent magazine theme comes with the following packages – Divi Theme, Divi Page Builder, Monarch Social Sharing, Bloom Email Optin forms, and a few more helpful design tools.
Talk about the best magazine-style WordPress themes; Astra tops the list! Irrespective of the site’s niche, it gives that perfect look of a magazine, thereby upgrading the overall professionalism of your business.
There are dedicated spaces for editor’s picks, featured posts, and newsletters, and the overall visual maintains a great color combination. Astra is the only solution for you if you don’t prefer fancy themes or customizations and prefer your site to look standard and elegant.
Perhaps, there are free and paid options. Several bloggers call Astra the best free magazine theme for WordPress. However, remember that the free version has limited features and is ideal for starter magazine portals.
- 230+ Impressive Ready-to-use Templates
- Attractive site Layouts to build niche websites
- Provides better Typography by offering 800+ Google fonts
- Easy to manage the colors and background of all areas
- Blog Layouts – Create a beautiful blog with countless variations of layouts
- Several Header Designs and Flexible Footer Layouts
- In-depth WooCommerce Integration
- Excellent Header and Footer builder
- LifterLMS & LearnDash Integration to create an online education platform
- Mega menu, spacing control, and much more striking features
Newspaper is a flagship magazine WordPress theme from tagDiv. So, can a theme win the hearts of magazine owners and bloggers for a long time? Well, the Newspaper theme did! This theme has been winning the hearts of many magazines and newspapers over the years and recording massive revenues.
It is a perfect magazine theme compatible with many plugins and niches. It is easy to install and takes a few minutes to set primary attributes about your site. Ever wondered if your site can be set up in less than an hour? Newspaper can help you with its friendly customization options and instructional elements to guide all types of users (novices to experts).
- 135+ Prebuilt Eye-catching websites
- Contains Live Visual Builder and tagDiv Opt-in Builder
- Smart Popup Elements to grab user attention
- Header & Footer Builder for improved user experience
- Woocommerce Prebuild eShops to increase the sales
- Advanced Performance Optimizer, along with several premium plugins
- GDPR Compliant for personal data privacy
Are you thinking of launching a membership-based or subscription-based magazine? JNews is the ideal magazine WordPress theme to download today. The theme ranks for several aspects – intuitive design, paywall system, uncompromised speed, GDPR-compliant, and SEO-friendly code.
Several magazine owners might want to introduce inline content and convert articles to fit all devices. If that sounds like your story, you should blindly choose JNews. The good news is that you do not need technical knowledge and real-time experience to use this theme. The backend is beginner-friendly.
- Gorgeous 250+ HomePage Demos
- Drag & Drop with your preferred visual editor plugins
- Gutenberg Compatible and SEO Friendly
- Builder available for Single Post Layout, Mega Menu, and Archive Page
- Lightweight in nature for High Performance
- Enhanced Ads & Affiliates to boost your revenue
- Google AMP & Facebook Instant Article and much more
Jannah is that perfect WordPress magazine theme for news portals primarily relying on content marketing. As regular users of this theme, we are amazed by its fresh, responsive design and the possibility of integrating other platforms. How about giving this theme magazine WordPress a try today? You will be impressed!
Instead of installing a new plugin for every feature, this theme comes as a complete bundle with pre-installed, well-optimized plugins to market your content globally in one click. With TikTok and Instagram boosting video news, you can integrate them with your blog to invite more views than ever.
- 25+ readymade layouts to create stunning sites
- Safe migration plugin to avoid data loss
- Fully responsive & Retina ready
- Unlimited Header & Footer styles
- Built-in Ajax mega menus
- Amp & Gutenberg are fully compatible
- Ajax filters & Pagination
- 15+ amazing Slider Lists
- Touch Optimized
- Powerful & easy use of theme options
- 2x faster performance to pass core web vitals tests
6. Smart Mag
We like to read the news that are published on catchy interfaces. What if such themes overload your site and affect core web vitals? Introducing Smart Mag, a boon to news portals to switch between different forms of content without affecting the site’s performance. Don’t you want the best magazine WordPress theme? Smart Mag is your answer!
As the name goes, SmartMag has thousands of layouts and proven features to improve user engagement. Unlike traditional news portals, where you need to code for every little feature, this theme has everything bundled to give you the best in the market. What more? The theme takes an extra leap to update its features and help your site outshine the market.
- 27+ Uniquely designed demos
- Smart Studio – One-click layouts to design landing pages
- Optimized for top speed & core web vitals
- Modern post layouts & optimized for user engagement
- Unique dark mode for user attraction
- 26+ Premade header styles
- Improved user involvement through autoload next post
- Advanced typography customizations
- Elementor frontend builder + Performance tweaks
- Perfect Gutenberg editing
- Newsletter Widgets + MailChimp to get massive subscribers
- Nicely designed social widgets and social sharing buttons
- Woocommerce ready and much more
7. Zox News
Have you been a fan of news portals that flaunt a conservative look with advanced features? If you are a regular to the sites like the New York Times, you may note the standard in terms of presentation. Zox News is a rockstar if your site is based on reviews and news.
At a handy price, Zox News includes several outstanding features to review events/movies, publish teaser posts, integrate with other platforms like WooCommerce and the retina-ready look. Above all, the theme allows you to append numerous ad units, posing no constraint on the length of the page/article.
Even if you have published a significant revolutionary finding, you can still use this theme without worrying about speed, design quality, consistency, and overall dynamics.
- All device compatibility with high responsiveness
- Includes $78 plugins, like Theia Sticky sidebar, Theia post slider, etc.
- Teaser posts – Single post layout for landing page creation
- Woocoomerce compatibility to build your online store
- 8 article layouts and five featured post layouts
- Fully AMP compatible & RTL ready
- One-click demo import
- Contains 800+ Google fonts
- Unlimited colors, Ad Units, and a few more impressive features
If you are thinking of building a full-fledged news portal to cover features, including text, video content, reviews, recipes, deals, and coupons, Pixwell is the best WordPress magazine theme.
Over the days, readers have shown immense interest in reading colorful sites for domains like fashion, gaming, travel, and cooking. It’s the right time to take advantage of this growing interest of your readers and explore colorful themes that are light to the eyes.
- 30+ Premade homepage demos
- Extremely fast and Core Web Vitals ready
- Optimized for SEO – Passed in Lighthouse test
- Compatible with Elemntor Page Builder Plugin
- 100% Mobile friendly and fully responsive
- Dark Mode is available along with one-click install demos
- Unlimited variations in post styles
- Post review system and Infinite next posts
- Adsense responsive, in-feed ads, and several notable highlights
As a magazine site owner, it is essential to consider the ease of use for in-house workers. Foxiz is a user-friendly magazine theme WordPress that appeals to users of all knowledge levels working at the backend. The most significant advantage of this site lies in its SEO-friendly schema.
Instead of bombarding the site with too many elements for attraction purposes, Foxiz prioritizes flexibility, security, quality, and ease of use. Any aspiring news site owner should switch to Foxiz to aid your team’s productivity. When you have the opportunity to empower your backend writers and designers with an interactive, easily-understandable interface, why go for the rest?
- 75+ ready-made home page demos to make eye-catching sites
- Header & Footer builder & Mobile first design
- Easy to Navigate and AMP compatible
- Elementor builder compatibility
- Flexible Blocks for unlimited designs
- Adsense Responsive & Ad-Block Detector
- Subscriptions & Paywall integrations
- Auto Ads for AMP version
- Woocommerce ready to make engaging web stores
If you are solely focusing on the readability of content on your site, you should go for the best WordPress magazine themes. Neeon makes it to the list of one of those magazine WordPress sites due to its robust schema, review plugin, WooCommerce integration, AMP support, and powerful sliders. Look no further when Neeon wants to boost your site with more revenues and better user engagement rates!
Above all these features, exciting engagement elements will likely keep your readers glued and maximize your revenues. Every site needs revenue to keep expenses manageable. Options like autoloading, image blending, reading progress bar, and QR coding will enhance the user experience.
- 22+ ready-to-use home page demos
- Elementor page builder compatible
- Fully responsive & mobile friendly theme
- Review & schema pro included
- Build your attractive online store with Woocommerce Plugin
- Light & Dark versions are available
- Contains 5+ Unique Pages of Category Style
- Pre-build Header styles; Gutenberg & AMP Compatible
- Reading Progress Bar together with Image blend mode option
One theme, infinite possibilities – well, that’s what PenNews has been trying to achieve over the years. As one of the amazing WordPress magazine themes with free premium plugins, PenNews is a multi-purpose theme.
Even if you plan to extend your site with new services, products, and business models, this one investment towards the theme can expand your horizons. In spite of offering numerous features and premium plugins, the site’s speed is never compromised.
If you are a group of site owners, you can take advantage of the white-label option and generate extra revenues. There are also developer-friendly plugins enabling you to customize or introduce new options on the go.
- 150+ Unique Demos to build your brand website
- Optimized for unparalleled performance
- Google AMP & Facebook Instant Articles supported
- Multiple premium plugins Include WP Bakery Builder, Slider Revolution, etc.
- Extreme SEO-friendly to boost your organic rankings
- Multiple Post Styles for different Stories
- Multiple options build via WordPress Front End Customizer
- Drag & Drop front end Builder with WP Bakery page builder
- Unlimited Ads Spaces, In-Feed Ads, and Affiliate Supported
- Supported for endless queries and post types
- Multiple portfolio layouts and much more
When you are starting a magazine site, you should always go with the best WordPress magazine theme that has benefited the rest. Although there are free WordPress magazine themes in the market, it is a good idea to go for premium when taking it professionally.
Several WordPress magazine themes like Astra, PenNews, Newspaper, and Divi are loaded with the proper plugins and features to uplift your brand and skyrocket your revenues in no time. So, which magazine WordPress theme captured your attention today?