Table Of Contents
- Cloudways Vs RunCloud – A Quick Comparison
- Why is Cloudways Better than RunCloud?
- Why is RunCloud Better than Cloudways?
- Cloudways Or RunCloud – A Detailed Comparision
- Performance (Uptime)
- WordPress Features
- Customer Support
- Ease of Use Dashboard
- Free Trial and Backup
Are you looking for reliable cloud web hosting at a cheaper price? Did Cloudways and RunCloud enter your list of hosting services but not sure which one to pick? This Cloudways Vs Runcloud comparison article is for you.
Both Cloudways and RunCloud, are similar web hosting service providers and they provide better hosting solutions from different servers worldwide such as Digital Ocean, Linode, Vulr, Google cloud, etc.
They provide exceptional hosting solutions by scaling server resources and server management differently through the great support team. The main difference is that Cloudways can scale the resources of a server from the hosting account, but RunCloud can only manage the available resources from different servers.
There are several other differences that I will be detailed throughout this article. Let’s start!
Cloudways Vs RunCloud – A Quick Comparison
Managed Site Migration
Free SSL Certificate
No Free Domain
SSH & SFTP Access
SSD Based Servers
Free Automated Backup
Free 50GB backup
Built-In Advanced Cache
1-Click App Install
3 Days Free Trail
5 Days Free Trail
PHP Apps Supported
Promo Code: WPGLOSSY
Cloudways Or RunCloud – A Detailed Comparision
For a detailed comparison of these cloud hosting services, I use certain parameters to identify the better among the two. These parameters are speed, performance, WordPress features, security, CDN, customer support, free services, and ease of use. The control panel is used to measure the hosting service’s quality and this helps in finding out which is better – Cloudways or RunCloud.
The website’s speed is affected by server sources, browsers, webpage scripts, and files used for web page creation. The best hosting services should offer an optimal solution for these issues through its resources, caching methods, and PHP version used in a database for faster connectivity. The storage capacity and available bandwidth limit for quick file transfer are other outstanding elements that can enhance the site.
Both Cloudways and RunCloud use the best servers for website speeds. Let’s compare their speed performance!
- Cloudways uses SMTP and SSH access for the connectivity of servers with application managements and their deployments.
- This best managed cloud hosting uses server from Digital Ocean, Vultr, Amazon cloud, Google Cloud, and Linode with fully scalable resources.
- RAM, Memory, CPU, and Bandwidth limits are customizable due to different pricing plans. There is an option to obtain additional bandwidth as well.
- The SSD-based hard disk can increase the speed. The server and application monitoring provides information related to CPU usage, disk space availability, RAM usage for easy scaling.
- HTTP/2, advanced caches like Nginx, Redis, and Varnish increase the site’s speed.
- Utilizes PHP-PFM and Breeze caching for quick data access and script execution in web applications.
So, you have come to know the speed features of Cloudways! They are exciting and have the potential to make the pages load fast. Through the below screenshot, you can see the speed performance of our blog – wpglossy hosted on Cloudways DO server.
- RunCloud uses API protocol to connect servers and the cPanel helps in managing unmanaged webservers.
- It encloses PHP- CLI that is used for high-speed data access and availability.
- Nginx and Redis caches are used for rapid page loading in hosted websites.
Speed Test Score
Promo Code: WPGLOSSY
The uptime performance provides the availability of websites during high traffic conditions. The faster availability of site pages at any time implies better user engagement. CDN and advanced browser caches are used to maintain good uptime performance.
- Cloudways maintains 100% uptime performance due to its host 60+ data centers available worldwide. These make the webpage available to users nearby their locations.
- The Cloudways CDN can deliver optimized media files faster using advanced browser caching methods.
- The breeze cache and Redis cache can optimize the database and enable faster data access. So, the web pages hosted at Cloudways are always available 24×7 without any downtime.
- Regular patching and auto-healing functions with Cloudways bot monitoring provide users with 100% site availability.
Have a look at the uptime performance of our blog! Yes, we don’t have any downtime record!
- RunCloud uses Hybrid apache and Nginx setup. It can also use pure Nginx cache for maintaining maximum uptime performance.
- The LiteSpeed method of RunCloud is meant for faster web pages availability to the visitors.
- You can choose Nginx fast CGI and Redis full-page caching to reduce downtime issues.
- RunCloud encloses its caching system, RunCloud hub for quick site access.
We are not fully satisfied with the uptime score of our niche blog hosted on the RunCloud server.
Promo Code: WPGLOSSY
WordPress features are the key or any cloud hosting to add more value to the business. Be it an eCommerce website or a course or a business site, it is a fantastic hosting solution that enables the site owner to reach the goal with appropriate themes and integration of plugins.
- Cloudways promotes free website migration with an SSL certificate.
- Deployment of WordPress is available with one click. Further, it also has many one-click application installations and monitoring features with the Cloudways bot.
- It gives Automatic backup for WordPress websites and website cloning is also possible with one click.
- WP-CLI pre-installed in server adds ease to website control with Cloudways.
- It has options for e-commerce and other analytical plugin integrations as well.
- SMTP add-ons are available for delivering emails from servers.
- The staging URL is up for grabs to test the applications.
- One-click WordPress installation is possible with free SSL certificates.
- HTTP/2 is enabled by default in any WordPress website deployment and its configuration.
- Staging URL is available for website migration but features are limited based on the plan chosen by the user.
- You can manage multiple websites inside the site/server management section and check the traffic status inside the admin dashboard.
When it comes to cloud-based web hosting, it needs to safeguard sites from malicious attacks and offer other services such as password management, firewall protection, and spam protection for sites as well as the server. Sites hosted will have to be monitored for entry of third-party users as well. Both Cloudways and RunCloud, are using special bots for protection against attacks. Let’s see the speed feature in detail!
- This leading managed cloud hosting service provider uses a dedicated firewall for OS level and malicious traffic attacks.
- Free SSL protection is available for domain protection.
- IP whitelisting is used to avoid spammy users originating from unwanted traffic sources.
- It provides two-factor authentication, SSH, and SFTP, to handle server resource management and web application.
- In Cloudways, regular security patching is used for secured cloud servers with 24×7 monitoring.
- Cloudways contains Cloudways bot protection to avoid malicious traffic attacks and brute-force login attacks with DDoS protection.
- Uses SSL/TLS encryption for protection in managing your server and site configuration.
- This cloud hosting service uses monitoring and control services to enhance server health in terms of memory, disk space, CPU usage, and bandwidth consumption.
- It conducts periodic server health checkups and transfers monthly reports with updates observed every 12 hours.
- Manipulates firewall protection with SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, and 34210/TCP protocols for better site management.
- The fail2ban system is used to monitor the server apps for protection against DDoS.
- Customer service is encrypted with the SHA256 algorithm and 2048 bit access keys.
The content delivery network of any hosting solution is responsible to deliver the web page without delay and control the unavailability of web pages. This CDN has a special cache system in its data centers mainly to promote faster loading websites. They use Nginx, Apache2, Redis, and Memcached caches for quicker data availability to users.
- Cloudways offers its CDN service at an additional cost. You can easily configure and store the web data in 60+ data centers worldwide.
- You may also use third-party CDNs for super-fast access to images and their optimized services. Yes, you can easily download media files from the CDN upon user request of a web page.
- Cloudways uses third-party CDN configuration to simplify and secure servers using its hosting solution.
- It contains a multinetwork CDN for rapid fire delivery of data to users.
- Makes use of GitHub, GitLab, and bitbucket services for quicker transfer of files and images to user locations.
- RunCloud contains CDN to resize, compress and convert the image to webP format to offer flying pages.
- It utilizes statically global CDN for WordPress core, themes, and plugin files to enhance the data delievering speed.
- WP rocket CDN, favicons CDN, and flags are available for better image processing.
- It uses statically Libs CDN for Jquery, scripts, bootstrap, and react files operation.
The best customer support contains technical experts to make the service effective to the users and can easily resolve their problems. Before buying any hosting, you should look at the existing clients’ reviews and feedback to get an idea about their service.
- It has a fabulous support system that is available 24/7/365 with technical support.
- The online ticketing system can be useful to solve complex problems with its expert team.
- It has premium SLA support available for customers to get their problems solved quickly.
- Telephonic support is available for premium customers with senior engineers.
- Services like application-level support, server customization, configuration, and website migration are efficiently guided by the expert technical team in Cloudways.
- Private Slack channels and clone website partnerships are available as premium support services for monitoring and maintenance of sites.
- RunCloud utilizes an expert team to maintain different webservers lists, databases, and CDN connectivity with multiple web applications.
- Many servers are purchased from different accounts and then integrated using API control in the RunCloud cPanel.
- Server management support is available to users with secured customer messaging services.
Affordability is the first thing that comes to the mind of users when one thinks of hosting. Both Cloudways and RunCloud, have set minimum prices for their basic plans. Cloudways offers hosting services and solutions for $10/month while RunCloud charges $8 a month. But, RunCloud takes this amount for managing the server and site management via its cPanel. Users will have to pay separately for this.
- Cloudways charges $10 per month in its basic plan and this offers 1Gb ram, 1core CPU, 25 GB storage, and 1TB bandwidth from any available servers. For premium services, customers are charged an additional $2 for extra features.
- You can scale server sources at any time in Cloudways account and customers can pay based on the usage.
- Every plan in Cloudways comes up with full features and also includes add-on services such as CDN to enhance overall user experiences.
- RunCloud charges 8$ per month in its basic plan and this includes server management and application management.
- The plan varies based on the number of servers managed by the RunCloud cPanel.
- RunCloud charges separately for server resources that are unmanaged at an additional cost of $7.
Ease of Use Dashboard
A hosting control panel should have clear navigation and server application access to stay connected to web applications. It should offer web application management, deployment, and website configuration, and integration of third-party services as well. The monitoring and control section of these resources can be identified within the dashboard.
- Cloudways dashboard has two sections – one is server management and the other is application management.
- Users also have access to other features including security setup, monitoring, configuration settings, and addon packages.
- Some more dashboard features include resource scaling, SMTP email service integration, and backup settings.
- The premium services are also enabled under corresponding sections.
- You can manage domain, deployment, SSL, CDN, migration setup, bot protection, and monitoring setup services for easy navigation in application section.
- RunCloud has a simple control panel to access and manage different servers, deployment of applications with backup, and DNS setup.
- It provides a separate page for the connected list of servers and also with their availability of resources.
- Users can also access resource details, applications in use, databases associated, cronjob details, and PHP-CLI options within the server.
- It also has security, deployment, and web application options for users to choose from and customize for their sites.
- The web application setup includes domain, file manager, firewall, CDN, and cache settings for easy web hosting services.
Free Trial and Backup
Free trial and backup features in basic plans enhance the reliability of service providers. It eliminates the hesitation of customers to avail specific services. In this section, let’s find out which service provider offers better backup and maintenance services.
- Cloudways platform provides a free trial to test its services. The best part is that it does not ask for credit card information for up to three days.
- It gives one-click free SSL installation, for migrated websites, using staging URLs.
- It provides automatic backup and managed offline backup as well with one-click restore options.
- Web applications monitoring and regular patching services are also available and reports are transferred every month with 12 hours update.
- RunCloud does not offer any trial service for free but it provides 14 days money-back guarantee. If the customer pays annually, they will get 2 months of free options.
- The site migration in RunCloud is free for a limited time; normally, they will charge 20$.
- It has a free backup of 50GB after which additional charges are levied.
- Website application monitoring services are outstanding and efficiently handled by the expert team.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
RunCloud vs Cloudways, Who is The Real Winner?
Having assessed both cloud hosting service providers on varied dimensions, Cloudways offers promising services when it comes to scalability, unlike RunCloud. On the other hand, RunCloud makes use of a control panel to manage server and web applications.
In the majority of comparisons listed above, it is also evident that Cloudways has won RunCloud including dimensions like price, security, speed, performance, customer support, and free trial.
RunCloud ties the battle with Cloudways in WordPress features and ease of use dashboard. Nevertheless, it wins in CDN availability for faster delivery of content.
On the whole, Cloudways tops the list winning multiple dimensions, and is the go-to option if you are looking for a hosting solution for your site. Get Cloudways hosting now with $30 free credits!